-

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello World!

First let me say that ya'll made me feel so much better about not having taken down my Christmas decorations yet!!!
Maybe I am not a big 'ole slacker after all.

I'm just a late bloomer!
My great friend gave me this fabulous fur vest for Christmas.
I have been dying to wear it and couldn't leave it hanging up in the closet one minute longer!
I paired it with some after Christmas sale finds.
Not too shabby if I do say so myself, nothing a slacker would wear!!
I am still deep into my obsession with the color blue,
so this sweater fits right into my world.
I decided to belt the sweater, but on second thought,
I might not do that again.
What do you think??
Have you been wearing your new Christmas clothes and after Christmas finds?
Or do you wait until just the right moment to bring something out to wear?

sweater-Loft
vest-Gifted
trousers-J.Crew
belt-Nordstrom Rack
booties-Marshall's
bracelet/watch-Gifted
earrings-Versona

14 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Love love those fun little cropped pants..I have a few pair..I forgot about them!! Not to worry about the decorations..mine are still up too...Im off work tomorrow, definitely taking those suckers down, lol.

Hope your new year is off to a great start!!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Cute pants and I love this color blue!!!!

Lesa said...

I love the blue, always catches my eye too! The booties are also sooo cute. Don't feel like a slacker, we did take all of the extra stuff down, but I can't part with my (albeit artificial) Christmas tree yet. Maybe this weekend?

Ashley said...

I absolutely LUV this. I even saved the first picture onto my computer for inspiration. And because I'm yer new creeper. Just kidding. Maybe.

I like it with the belt, actually. It adds that little summin summin extra.

P.S. Yes'm! We have lake beaches not ocean beaches. I live right on Lake Superior...which is huuuuuuuuge, so it seems like an ocean to me!

TaraMixandMatch said...

The fur vest looks great on you...loving the mix of textures here!

Rebecca said...

That blue is very pretty! I can't get enough sweaters right now.

Peggy said...

from one slacker to another, I got the tree down today! yippee. Love that fur vest. I tried to buy a fur coat and my kids literally drug me out of the store saying I'd be the laughing stock at my company party. I thought I'd be really hip and NYC-like, but they said "um, no". haha. you look great in blue for sure!

Amazingly Beautiful by Isa Malago said...

love your fur vest and your sweater! Great outfit!

Follow me :)
www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com/

xox,
Isa

Bravoe Runway said...

Depending on what it is...I usually will wear casual stuff right away but evening items I'll have a tendency to hold on to it! Your friend has great taste I love that vest :D

Unknown said...

Oh yes this look is fab! I love the faux fur vest (great gift!) and those trousers are great! I must admit to ripping down my Christmas decorations on the 26th- maybe too eager!

Cara said...

Adorable Brett! The fur vest is such a fun way to accessorize this sweater and those great plaid pants. I love your booties, are they recently from Marshalls?

The Closet Shopper said...

I want those pants! I love this whole look. I think the belted sweater is great.

I wear things as soon as I buy them. I can't wait to wear them. No waiting for me.

xo,
Tracy

Unknown said...

Loving the vest and that beautiful blue!

Julie

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Hi! I just found your blog. You are so cute in these pics! And, way to rock that fur vest! I haven't taken down our Christmas decorations yet, either, so I'm with ya.

Audrey
www.puttingmetogether.com